Research Fellow – Public Finance/Public Management
Centre for Aid and Public Expenditure Programme (CAPE)
Salary: Research Fellow 1: £38,155 - £48,264
Research Fellow 2: £48,264 - £61,099
Research Fellow 3: Competitive and Negotiable
The UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
ODI (www.odi.org.uk) aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
This is an exciting opportunity to join ODI’s Centre for Aid and Public Expenditure Programme (CAPE). CAPE is a multidisciplinary research and advisory programme focusing on development cooperation, public finance management and public sector reform in emerging economies, less developed countries and fragile states.
We are looking for a Research Fellow with world class knowledge of applied public policy who will be responsible for development and delivery of a portfolio of research, policy advice and public affairs in the area of public finance and public management. The portfolio may include, but not be limited to, issues of fiscal policy, revenue and expenditure management and public sector reform. They will lead research projects, engage with policymakers and disseminate results. The work will involve applied social science analysis and the use of both quantitative and qualitative methods.
You will have:
- Extensive experience in policy-oriented research, as evidenced by a track-record of publications and reports, demonstrating the potential to become an internationally recognised expert on public finance and public management.
- Extensive experience of international organisations and actors working on public finance or public management issues and/or substantial experience working in a ministry of finance or central government ministry.
- Experience of project management.
- Exceptional analytical, writing, organisational and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for policy advisory and public affairs work, based on an analytical approach, and innovative and creative communications ability.
- Excellent communication abilities in relation to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven skills in negotiation, listening, communication of ideas, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Proficiency in widely used econometric software packages and excellent IT skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a team.
Closing date: 27th February 2015
Interview date: Week commencing 2nd March 2015
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at https://jobs.odi.org.uk and apply online. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 8234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org