OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Research Officer – Growth, Poverty and Inequality Programme
Salary: Research Officer 1: £26,527 - £30,187pa
Research Officer 2: £31,645 – £37,220pa
The UK’s leading independent think-tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
ODI (www.odi.org.uk) aims to inspire and inform policy and practice to reduce poverty by locking together high-quality applied research and practical policy advice.
Our Growth, Poverty and Inequality Programme is seeking a Research Officer to contribute under the supervision of a Programme Leader or Research Fellow to developing, fundraising for, conducting and managing high-quality and innovative research, policy advice and public affairs activities.
Recent programme highlights include:
- An extensive programme of research and policy engagement on the post-2015 global development agenda
- Founding partner, along with UNDP and the UN Millennium Campaign of My World, a global survey on people’s priorities for a new development agenda
- Innovative work on data and measurement to inform policy, make better decisions and improve the way we monitor progress.
The successful candidate will have:
· a degree and post-graduate degree in economics, development studies or similar
· active knowledge of key international institutions in the sector and beyond
· experience in producing research outputs
· strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate successfully and demonstrate cultural awareness
· excellent analytical and writing skills
· good presentation and networking skills
· multi-tasking skills
· the ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
Closing date: 22 June 2014
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at www.odi.org.uk/jobs If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 0351 or email email@example.com
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248